After a long wait for many months, our BARNES Mauritius team is very happy to announce that the borders will reopen very soon. Indeed, a press release has just been issued by the Mauritian government concerning the reopening of the borders. This will be done in two phases:
- Phase 1: between July 15th 2021 and September 30th 2021
Each traveler who wishes to visit the island between these dates will have to complete a fourteen days in a hotel before being able to move freely on the territory. PCR tests will be carried out at the beginning, middle and end of the four-week period to ensure that people entering the country are not contagious.
Rest assured, the vaccinated persons will be able to benefit 100% from their stay in the hotel thanks to the swimming pool, the beach, the restaurant before entering freely the Mauritian territory.
- Phase 2: from October 1st 2021, a total reopening
All vaccinated and Covid 19 negative persons (negative PCR test performed within 72 hours prior to the flight) will be able to freely enter the country and will not have to undergo quarantine.
Our BARNES Mauritius team is looking forward to welcoming you on our beautiful island, we are at your disposal to answer your questions and we are looking forward to your visit!
Good news never comes alone, that's why we have decided to list the new regulations in force concerning foreign investors! We know that with the upcoming reopening of the borders, the economic activity will take off again and all the more thanks to these new provisions:
- The Permanent Resident Permit is extended from 10 years to 20 years
- The Occupation Permit is extended from 3 years to 10 years
- Possibility to change visa category without leaving the territory
- Exemption from the Work Permit for spouses of a residence permit holder wishing to work or invest in Mauritius
- The maximum age limit of 24 years for the children of a residence permit holder will be lifted.
- The Permanent Resident Permit will now be granted for any purchase of a property with a minimum value of $375,000 in a building under the Ground+2 regime
- The developer of a project under the PDS regime can now sell building lots of up to 2,100 m² to a non-Mauritian holding a Residence Permit or an Occupation Permit.
- The registration fee for the purchase of an IRS property will be a minimum of 5% of the purchase price of the property and $70,000
All the conditions to invest in Mauritius are met. Our teams have never stopped working and being close to you during this period in order to offer you, at the reopening of the borders, the most complete portfolio of high-end properties on the island.
Mauritius is waiting for you. You can plan your arrival now, we will take care of everything else!