Buying or building a house?
Building a house: advantages and disadvantages
If you are building a house, you should be aware of certain constraints before embarking on such a project :
• You will have to find a serious master builder or craftsman. Favour word of mouth to find reputable professionals around your home.
• You will need to visit the construction site regularly to make sure that everything is going as planned.
• It can take up to a year to build a house.
But building a house also has many advantages:
• You will live in a home that suits you and your needs;
• It will meet new standards;
• It will use less energy than older homes.
Buying an older home: advantages and disadvantages
This option also has advantages and disadvantages. The old investment meets expectations:
• In a hurry: It is usually possible to move into a new home within a few months. This is an ideal solution for future homeowners who do not have the time to build a house.
• Those who wish to buy a property in the city. It is difficult to find land for sale in urban areas. The further you are from the city center, the more likely you are to find an architectural space;
Nowadays, due to the stability of prices, investing in older houses is more financially interesting. Moreover, finding a house or apartment that exactly meets your expectations can be complicated. It is often difficult to meet all the criteria. Therefore, you should be aware that you will have to make concessions, especially when it comes to interior design. Although some work can be done, unless you have a large budget, you won't be able to modify the entire structure of the house.
Finally, buying an older home requires major checks on insulation and electrical installation, as well as a thorough inspection for hidden defects.